SAM is a membership organisation, owned and run by its Members. The operational and strategic management of the company is overseen by a Board of Directors elected annually at our AGM.
SAM Board of Directors
The SAM Board of Directors is comprised of four Local Authority and four Operator Directors, with an independent Chairman. Directors are elected annually by the wider SAM Membership, at the AGM. The Board meets monthly throughout the year. The SAM Board of Directors for 2018 is:
- Independent Chairman - Dr Andrew Seedhouse
- Local Authority Director - Mr Peter Woodhouse, Bristol City Council
- Local Authority Director - Ms Jane Newell, Somerset County Council
- Local Authority Director - Mr Richard Barnes, Bournemouth Borough Council
- Local Authority Director - Mr Nick Truscott, Cornwall Council
- Operator Director - Mr Andrew Wickham, Go SouthCoast
- Operator Director - Mr John Burch, CPT
- Operator Director - Mr Alex Carter, First SouthWest
- Operator Director - Mr David Squire, YellowBuses
SAM Members Meetings
SAM hosts quarterly meetings for all of its Members, in Exeter, Devon. These meetings follow on from the SAM Board of Directors and cover a wide range of topics of interest, new developments, upcoming requirements of ITSO and feedback on performance. The Members meetings provide an important forum for all Members to be able to speak openly and freely with SAM staff as well as representatives from Suppliers and ITSO. To ensure optimal value is gained from Members meetings, a series of workshops and seminars are arranged with expert speakers outlining new projects completed, or work underway. For those Members not able to attend in person, the Members meetings are broadcast live over the internet enabling those more remote Members to participate in full.
All Minutes and papers from Members meetings are hosted within the Members only section of the SAM website.
SAM Articles of Association
A copy of the SAM Articles of Association can be downloaded here.