Introduction & Lot Scope
The SAM National Procurement Framework is aimed at organisations who wish to procure ITSO or ticketing services and goods directly, rather than through the SAM Managed Service. It has been developed as a national resource to allow simple and seamless access to an extensive range of ITSO services and goods without organisations having to complete individual, costly and time-consuming procurement exercises.
The ITSO AMS-HOPS is the core ITSO component which acts as the key conduit between all other elements of an ITSO Scheme. There is a great importance on the ability of any ITSO Scheme to provide a reliable means of generating, hosting and exchanging data between various ITSO and non-ITSO components, whilst at the same time ensuring full transparency of the activities undertaken through user-accessible views into the ITSO AMS-HOPS, high-quality reporting and data outputs.
Who should use this Framework Lot
This Framework Lot is suitable for, but not limited to:
- Local Authorities, Regional Transport Bodies, National Governments or Other Public Sector Bodies wishing to procure a dedicated ITSO AMS-HOPS;
- Medium to Large Transport Operators who wish to procure a dedicated ITSO AMS-HOPS.
Smaller Operators looking to get access to an ITSO AMS-HOPS are recommended to use the SAM Managed Service.
All users of the National Procurement Framework need to be a Member of SAM. Details about becoming a Member are available here.
Suppliers Available & Call Off Guidance Notes
There are 3 Suppliers who have already signed ITSO AMS-HOPS Framework Agreements with SAM and are available immediately under this Lot.
To access the Suppliers' own website, please click on their logo above.
Guidance Notes on how a SAM Member can Call Off from the ITSO AMS-HOPS Lot are attached below.
The Guidance Notes are designed to assist and inform a SAM Member on all aspects of undertaking a Call Off from the Framework, including:
- Scoping a Member's own requirements;
- Identifying the most suitable Supplier(s) to meet these requirements;
- Preparing the Call Off Order;
- The process for undertaking a Mini-Competition (if one is required); and
- The costs for using the Framework.
Copies of the Technical Specification and Framework Agreement terms and conditions from this Lot's OJEU tender procurement are available within the Members' section of the SAM Website.
Benefits of the Framework
- The SAM National Procurement Framework is compliant with UK/EU procurement legislation - so you do not need to run your own OJEU procurement process;
- All Framework Agreements have been upgraded during 2018 to ensure compliance with the GDPR;
- All Suppliers available under this Lot have been assessed for their financial stability, experience and technical ability;
- All Orders are undepinned by a Framework Agreement, which clearly sets out the terms and conditions of the Order.