Introduction & Lot Scope
The SAM National Procurement Framework is aimed at organisations who wish to procure ITSO or ticketing services and goods directly, rather than through the SAM Managed Service. It has been developed as a national resource to allow simple and seamless access to an extensive range of ITSO services and goods without organisations having to complete individual, costly and time-consuming procurement exercises.
The ITSO Customer Management System (CMS) Lot provides access to a range of open, fully defined, dependable back office systems for managing customers efficiently and effectively. All Suppliers available through the Lot have CMS Systems available to support a range of Smart Ticketing Schemes from a standard Concessionary Entitlement Scheme to the most complex of Commercial Schemes. All CMS’s available under the Framework can be fully integrated with the other Lots from the National Procurement Framework, including the ITSO AMS-HOPS and Web Portal Lots.
Who should use this Framework Lot
This Framework Lot is suitable for, but not limited to:
- Local Authorities, Regional Transport Bodies, National Governments or Other Public Sector Bodies wishing to procure a dedicated ITSO Customer Management System;
- Medium to Large Transport Operators who wish to procure a dedicated ITSO Customer Management System.
Smaller Operators looking to get access to an ITSO CMS are recommended to use the SAM Managed Service.
All users of the National Procurement Framework need to be a Member of SAM. Details about becoming a Member are available here.
Suppliers Available & Call Off Guidance Notes
There are 4 Suppliers who have already signed ITSO Customer Management System (CMS) Framework Agreements with SAM and are available immediately under this Lot.
To access the Suppliers' own website, please click on their logo above.
Guidance Notes on how a SAM Member can Call Off from the ITSO Customer Management System (CMS) Lot are attached below.
The Guidance Notes are designed to assist and inform a SAM Member on all aspects of undertaking a Call Off from the Framework, including:
- Scoping a Member's own requirements;
- Identifying the most suitable Supplier(s) to meet these requirements;
- Preparing the Call Off Order;
- The process for undertaking a Mini-Competition (if one is required); and
- The costs for using the Framework.
Copies of the Technical Specification and Framework Agreement terms and conditions from this Lot's OJEU tender procurement are available within the Members' section of the SAM Website.
Benefits of the Framework
- The SAM National Procurement Framework is compliant with UK/EU procurement legislation - so you do not need to run your own OJEU procurement process;
- All Framework Agreements have been upgraded during 2018 to ensure compliance with the GDPR;
- All Suppliers available under this Lot have been assessed for their financial stability, experience and technical ability;
- All Orders are undepinned by a Framework Agreement, which clearly sets out the terms and conditions of the Order.