Introduction & Lot Scope
The SAM National Procurement Framework is aimed at organisations who wish to procure ITSO or ticketing services and goods directly, rather than through the SAM Managed Service. It has been developed as a national resource to allow simple and seamless access to an extensive range of ITSO services and goods without organisations having to complete individual, costly and time-consuming procurement exercises.
ITSO Part 11 Solutions facilitate the ‘in real-time’ purchase and collection of ITSO products, the capability of which in terms of speed and performance is central to how a smart scheme is perceived and accepted. The function of a Part 11 Solution is pivotal as part of a system wide approach to providing fast, reliable means of generating, hosting and exchanging product data between various ITSO components, whilst ensuring full transparency for viewing and generating high quality reporting outputs for the scheme owner.
Who should use this Framework Lot
This Framework Lot is suitable for, but not limited to:
- Local Authorities, Regional Transport Bodies, National Governments or Other Public Sector Bodies wishing to procure an ITSO Part 11 Solution;
- AnyTransport Operators who wishes to procure an ITSO Part 11 Solution.
All users of the National Procurement Framework need to be a Member of SAM. Details about becoming a Member are available here.
Suppliers Available & Call Off Guidance Notes
There are 2 Suppliers who have already signed ITSO AMS-HOPS Framework Agreements with SAM and are available immediately under this Lot.
To access the Suppliers' own website, please click on their logo above.
Guidance Notes on how a SAM Member can Call Off from the ITSO Part 11 Solution Lot are attached below.
The Guidance Notes are designed to assist and inform a SAM Member on all aspects of undertaking a Call Off from the Framework, including:
- Scoping a Member's own requirements;
- Identifying the most suitable Supplier(s) to meet these requirements;
- Preparing the Call Off Order;
- The process for undertaking a Mini-Competition (if one is required); and
- The costs for using the Framework.
Copies of the Technical Specification and Framework Agreement terms and conditions from this Lot's OJEU tender procurement are available within the Members' section of the SAM Website.
Benefits of the Framework
- The SAM National Procurement Framework is compliant with UK/EU procurement legislation - so you do not need to run your own OJEU procurement process;
- All Framework Agreements have been upgraded during 2018 to ensure compliance with the GDPR;
- All Suppliers available under this Lot have been assessed for their financial stability, experience and technical ability;
- All Orders are undepinned by a Framework Agreement, which clearly sets out the terms and conditions of the Order.